Oct 1, 2009

FREE ARTIST STATEMENT WORKSHOP AT OUTPOST FOR CONTEMPORARY ART

FREE ARTIST STATEMENT WORKSHOP AT OUTPOST FOR CONTEMPORARY ART
Saturday, October 17, 2009
12-4 PM

Outpost For Contemporary Art
1268 N. Ave. 50, Los Angeles, 90042
(323) 899-3533
www.outpost-art.org

GYST INK is offering advice and assistance with free artist statement
reviews to all artists who register for this class before October 15,
2009. Register now! Send us your statement before the workshop, and we
will review your statement for FREE (a $20 value). We will make edits
and return your statement to you at the workshop.

At the workshop we will teach you the basics of getting organized,
tracking your work, starting a mailing list and creating a marketing
plan. You'll learn what goes into an effective portfolio, and how to
approach curators and critics. GYST professionals will be on hand to
answer any questions you might have.
Register by emailing tucker@gyst-ink.com

Check out what Erin, an emerging artist, had to say about our last
workshop:

"As an artist I have found it difficult to write about my own work,
and thought it would be helpful to have a professional review of my
statement. Seeing the add for a free statement review with my RSVP for
a GYST workshop, I jumped at the chance. Any expectations I had were
far exceeded by my reviewer. Tucker had not only burned me a disk with
his comments, but also sat down to review each sentence with me. His
comments were well thought out and came from a place of real art world
experience. I would recommend this service to any artist from the
confused to the professional! Thanks GYST!"

GYST Ink is an artist-run company committed to empowering and
educating artists so that they can take control of their practice and
develop successful and sustainable careers. Visit us online at
gyst-ink.com

No comments: